In the run-up to Christmas, here at LSG we would like to share a special gift from our friends at Tate St Ives...
Are you in full Christmas mode or just starting your list? Thinking of creative gift ideas at this time of year can be tricky but Tate St Ives have it all wrapped up. A gift membership means you’re treating someone to a year of amazing art experiences, and by adding the St Ives Extra Card also supporting the arts here in St Ives. Benefits include:
- Free, unlimited exhibition entry at all four Tate galleries (London, Liverpool and of course St Ives), no need to book in advance or queue
- Free entry for you and three guests at Tate St Ives
- Invitations to Members’ private views and exclusive events at Tate St Ives
You’ll have a beautiful membership pack to pop under the tree and they’ll have a gift that lasts all year.
Tate St Ives is about to enter an exciting time. The gallery is temporarily closed until May 2016 in order to complete major structural works in the heart of the gallery. The construction is part of the Tate St Ives Project which will allow for a permanent display of art, for larger artworks to be exhibited and more programmes to be accommodated.
But during this closure Tate Members with the St Ives Extra Card will continue to enjoy fantastic benefits at local cultural venues including:
- Terry Frost exhibition hosted at the Newlyn Art Gallery and Exchange
- Leach Pottery: Free entry to the Trevor Corser show
- Penlee House Gallery and Museum. Free entry to the following shows: Ithell Colquhoun: Image and Imagination, and Fred Hall: From Newlyn School to Caricature
- Trebah Gardens: Discover the magic of this beautiful Cornish valley garden with over four miles of footpath
- National Maritime Museum Cornwall: Uncover stories of the sea, boats and the maritime history of Cornwall
- In St Ives town there’s Porthmeor Studios, The Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden, and the Tate Tea Room
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan: Explore this splendid Cornish garden with 200 acres of garden history, mystery and romance
- Eden Project: Visit the massive Biomes housing the largest rainforest in captivity, stunning plants and exhibitions
- Membership starts from £70 for all four galleries, add a St Ives Extra Card to receive the above local benefits for just £5 and give a little Tate this Christmas.
Buy online* at tate.org.uk/members
Call +44 (0) 20 7887 8888
Or arrange in any Tate gallery
*Memberships purchased as a Christmas gift are activated on 25 December 2015.
Order Tate Gift Membership online before midnight on 20 December to guarantee Christmas delivery. If you order between 20 – 23 December midday you will receive a gift certificate for printing and personalising to pop under the tree.